Thursday, November 02, 2006

Google going mobile.

Google launched there mobile service for Gmail today. If you have logged into your Gmail account you would have noticed the Ad to point your mobile to www.gmail/app. This is a great idea, people driving around not just talking on the phone but trying to read email. Oh wait guess that's a bad idea. Now all I will need is a video out for my mobile and attach it to my gps screen in my car and I will be all set.

Keeping on the mobile solutions topic, over at Adage.com there is an article about Chad Hurley, annoucing at a OgivlyOne Digital Media Summit that YouTube might go mobile. So how they will make money, it's anyone's guess. I think embedding ad's in the video's they host on YouTube isn't a bad idea but adding them to video's downloaded onto your phone is horrible. The broadband video market will be huge with some estimates in the billions.

Other Articles about Mobile Gmail.
BetaNews
The Inquirer

Articles About Mobile YouTube
Adage.com
Crunch Gear
Tech Crunch

1 comment:

HuLsH said...

I don’t know what to say to that. I am using it for a few days and I am enjoying very much. Everything is like every Google research, slick, fast and sexy. One thing that I don’t like about them is “Always thinking for them selves”
For that I use Movamail http://movamail.com/ because it supports Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo mail, AOL (POP, IMAP, Webmail)