Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Best Free Windows Software

I've seen a ton of top 10 lists, but after reading comments people leave and looking at my own computer, I realized there are a lot more than 10 free windows applications that I use or consider the best. I decided to compile a "short" list of my own. So if I ever wipe my drive, I will have quick list to retrieve the applications I use. Guess I should call it a top 50+. They are in no particular order.

Firefox
Opera
Thunderbird
Open Office
Gaim
ClamWin
VLC Media Player
Keepass
Cygwin
Eraser
TrueCrypt
FileZilla
7zip
Autoit
PDFcreater
AVG
Avast
Audacity
Tuxpaint
SamSpade
Winscp
Putty
Comodo Anti-virus
Comodo Firewall
R-Firewall
Gimp
Democracy
Trillian
Notepad++
Azureus
uTorrent
VMWare Player
Cdex
Foxit
Juice
Blender
Songbird
K-lite Codec Pack
K-lite Mega Codec Pack
XP Codec Pack
Spybot Search & Destroy
Black light rootkit detector
Rootkit Revealer
Google Web Accelerator
Google Earth
Picasa
DVDFab
Gspot
Ripit4me
Tor
CCleaner
Wireshark
Nmap

No comments: