Thursday, October 26, 2006

New clarification for Vista licensing.

Thought I would share some news I just learned this morning. An article over at bit-tech claims to have some new information about the dreaded Vista licensing terms. The new information given to them by a Microsoft spokesmen claim that "you will be allowed to re-activate up to 10 times". This is better news than being able to only install twice. During the course of my day I started to think about how long XP has been out and then how many times I have installed it on my machine. I won't give an exact number, but on my home machine it was probably been at least 10 times. In my early noob noob day's of tech I had a job where I had to do a mass deployment of XP machine's. The easy part was the silent install, the hard part was trying to create all of the silent installs for the applications we had. Some of them are easy like Office, but others took me to a whole new level by packaging my own exe's. I believe I re-installed XP close to 10 times in one week before I got the package working. So I hope the Vista volume license keeps on being lenient and that Vista is crash proof or I will be saving for multiple copies of Vista.

No comments: